The Shakti Foundation for Disadvantaged Women has issued a job announcement for various positions in microfinance and health programs. They plan to hire 475 individuals across seven different job categories, and candidates from all districts are eligible to apply.
Microfinance Program (MFP):
- Trainee Officer
- Number of Positions: 300
- Qualifications: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree with no prior experience required.
- Salary: A monthly salary of BDT 25,500. During the training period, a stipend of BDT 12,000 will be provided, and the salary will be BDT 20,500 during the probation period.
- Age Limit: Maximum age is 35 years.
- Number of Positions: 60
- Qualifications: Candidates should have a bachelor’s or master’s degree. Preference will be given to experienced candidates working as accountants or in microfinance programs.
- Salary: Monthly salary of BDT 26,500. During the probationary period, the salary is BDT 22,500.
- Age Limit: Maximum age is 35 years.
- Branch Manager (Grade-1)
- Number of Positions: 40
- Qualifications: Candidates must hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree. Those with at least two years of work experience as branch managers in microfinance programs are preferred.
- Salary: Monthly salary ranging from BDT 36,000 to 40,000. Additional benefits include field visit allowances of BDT 4,000 per month and mobile phone bill reimbursement of BDT 1,000 per month.
- Age Limit: Maximum age is 44 years.
- Senior Branch Manager
- Number of Positions: 20
- Qualifications: Applicants should have a bachelor’s or master’s degree. Preference will be given to those with a minimum of five years of experience as branch managers or regional managers in microfinance or small enterprise loan programs, managing at least 20 branches and a portfolio of BDT 600-800 million.
- Salary: Monthly salary ranging from BDT 40,000 to 44,000. Additional benefits include field visit allowances ranging from BDT 750 to 2,500 (based on distance), two festival bonuses, a provident fund upon confirmation, a gratuity scheme, annual increments, and promotion opportunities.
- Age Limit: Maximum age is 46 years.
Health Program: 5. Female Medical Assistant or Senior Paramedic
- Number of Positions: 30
- Qualifications: Candidates must have completed a four-year diploma course in medical institutes (Diploma in Maternal and Child Health) or must have a minimum of two years of experience as a paramedic.
- Salary: Monthly salary of BDT 16,200.
- Age Limit: Maximum age is 35 years.
Additional Benefits: For positions 1-5, employees working in Chittagong and Sylhet regions (mountainous areas) will receive a regional allowance of BDT 1,500-2,500. The organization offers various benefits, including a distance allowance (BDT 750-2,500 based on location), biannual festival bonuses, a provident fund, accident-related medical expense coverage, financial assistance of BDT 200,000 to the family in case of an employee’s demise, maternity and paternity leave, scholarships for employees’ children, and a cap on pathological test expenses based on monthly performance.
Application Fee: The application fee is BDT 6,000 for the Accountant position and BDT 15,000 for positions 1, 2, and 7.
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit a comprehensive CV, two recent passport-sized photos, educational certificates, job experience certificates, and, in the case of experienced candidates, mention the application submission date. Include two references (non-relatives) with names, professions, addresses, and phone numbers in the application letter. Clearly indicate the position name on the envelope or in the email subject line.
Application Address: “Senior Director, HR Department, Shakti Foundation for Disadvantaged Women, House No-4, Road No-1 (Main Road), Block-E, Section-11, Mirpur, Pallabi, Dhaka-1216.”
Know About the Shakti Foundation
In a world where gender equality remains a pressing issue, organizations like the Shakti Foundation for Disadvantaged Women stand as beacons of hope, committed to uplifting and empowering underprivileged women. Founded on the principles of social justice, equality, and the belief in the potential of every woman, the Shakti Foundation has been instrumental in transforming the lives of countless women in Bangladesh.
The Shakti Foundation’s Vision
The Shakti Foundation envisions a world where every woman has the opportunity to break free from the shackles of poverty and discrimination. Their primary mission is to empower disadvantaged women by providing them with the tools and resources they need to achieve financial independence, gain access to healthcare, and ultimately lead fulfilling lives.
Empowering Through Microfinance
One of the cornerstones of the Shakti Foundation’s work is its Microfinance Program (MFP). Through this initiative, the foundation provides financial services, including loans and savings options, to women who would otherwise have limited or no access to traditional banking services. By offering microloans, the foundation enables women to start small businesses, expand existing ones, and work toward economic self-sufficiency.
The MFP offers a range of job opportunities, including positions like Trainee Officers and Accountants, which provide employment to women across various educational backgrounds. It’s not just about offering loans; it’s about imparting financial literacy, fostering entrepreneurship, and giving women the tools to manage their finances effectively.
Promoting Health and Well-being
The Shakti Foundation’s commitment to improving the quality of life for disadvantaged women goes beyond financial empowerment. Their Health Program focuses on providing women with access to vital healthcare services. Female Medical Assistants and Senior Paramedics are an integral part of this initiative, working to ensure that women receive proper medical care.
The health program also places a strong emphasis on maternal and child health, recognizing that healthy mothers lead to healthier communities. By offering skilled care during pregnancy, childbirth, and early childhood, the foundation aims to reduce maternal and infant mortality rates and improve overall well-being.
The Reach and Impact
Over the years, the Shakti Foundation has expanded its reach and impact significantly. It operates across various regions in Bangladesh, particularly in the Chittagong and Sylhet areas. Recognizing the unique challenges faced by women in mountainous regions, the foundation offers additional allowances to staff working in these areas.
In addition to its core programs, the foundation provides various benefits to employees, including distance allowances, festival bonuses, a provident fund, and medical coverage for accident-related expenses. This comprehensive approach demonstrates the organization’s commitment not only to the women it serves but also to its employees.
The Shakti Foundation for Disadvantaged Women has become a symbol of hope and progress in Bangladesh. By offering opportunities for financial empowerment and healthcare access, this organization is working tirelessly to bridge the gender gap and improve the lives of disadvantaged women.
As we look to the future, we can take inspiration from the Shakti Foundation’s commitment to a more equal and just world. Their work reminds us that when we invest in women’s well-being and economic potential, we empower not just individuals but entire communities and, ultimately, the world.